Stockholm Film Commission provides contacts for all official shooting permits and will be happy to help you with all applications.
When do you need a permit?
- The vehicle is longer than 12 meters
- To drive on restricted streets
- If restricting public access to a public place
- Placing cables on the ground
- When using weapon or explosives
- Need exemptions from traffic regulations
- Need exemptions from transport and parking restrictions
- If using police officers
Permits are not needed when you…
- are not blocking a road
- are not interfering with traffic or trade
- are not causing any disturbance where you are shooting
It is, however, a good idea to contact local police and municipal authorities when shooting in public spaces.
- For smaller shoots you need to submit your permit application at least five days before the shoot.
- For closing off a street, it is recommended to apply for a permit three to four weeks in advance.
- For exemptions from traffic and parking regulations we recommend the permit application to be filed two weeks in advance.